Monday, October 15, 2012

Birthday Deliciousness...

So by this point, you probably know that I enjoy baking.  I find it cathartic.  Especially with the tv facing the kitchen and a good, drama-filled episode of Housewives blaring in the background. 

So when my honey (who knows me better than pretty much anyone) requested a birthday dessert...I waited with eager anticipation.  Of course, the more challenging the recipe and the more time consuming, the more 'meaningful' the birthday dessert will be.  Right?  Guess not.  He requested a 3 ingredient dessert that required absolutely no baking. WAH WAH

At the last minute, I threw in a 4th ingredient, trying to add my own 'flair'.  But, how do you add flair to a dessert consisting of cool whip and jello combined?  Blueberries.  Yes, those were my flair!  I rinsed them and everything.

So here I am in the kitchen, nearly in tears because I'm worried that my dessert isn't special or meaningful enough (set scene).  But, I poured a glass of my favorite Chablis and powered through. 

Several hours later, I decided to try the dessert...lo and behold, it was amazing.  It was light, fluffy, and pretty much perfect.  I promptly had to eat my words...and regretted my near meltdown.

All in all...it was a success...and I may be making it again this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment