Friday, January 27, 2012

Dinner Date with Sarah!

After a rough week, Sarah and I decided that we needed to take advantage of the famed Triangle Restaurant Week before it was over.  You have to love restaurant week because it gives you an opportunity to experience places that you wouldn't normally.  I mean, how often do you go out for a three-course meal at an expensive restaurant?  If your answer is frequently, please either A) hire me or B) invite me.  Your choice.  After careful deliberation, we chose a ridiculously expensive restaurant in downtown Raleigh.  You'll have to make your own determinations on what restaurant, because it will remain nameless for the purposes of this blog.

Normally, I wouldn't blog about something like this, but the experience was noteworthy.  We called at 8:30 to see if they possibly had space for two, and they gave us a reservation at 9:00.  We were on top of the world!  We got there just in time to squeeze between tables that were placed so closely together that you had to weave around the room to get to your seat.  No worries, we were just happy to be there.  Then we sat there for 15 minutes waiting for someone to come to our table.  Finally, a young fellow appears with a water pitcher.  He asks if we'd like water.  Um, of course.  And then says, 'How is everything so far?'  I politely swallow my laughter and say....'Uh, I'm sure the water is delicious....'  This is the first of about a million snafus during our girl date.

Nonetheless, the food was bar none amazing!!!  Between the Lobster & Shrimp Bisque, Filet & Shrimp, and lastly the award-winning (at least in my book) Chocolate souffle...Sarah and I were on top of the world.  We blocked out the atrocious service, servers banging into our chairs, repeatedly being ignored when there were at least 10 servers in the dining room, etc.


My favorite part of the evening...Sarah and I were completely stuffed, but continued to plow through our chocolate souffles.  When in Rome, right??!!  Sarah had literally lifted the spoon to her mouth when one of our non-existent servers (pretty sure he was the same one mentioned above...) comes to the table and says, 'are you ladies finished with your desserts?'  I'm pretty sure that neither one of us even said a word...I think our expressions said it all.  'Back off, Bucko.' Perhaps that will teach him not to come between a woman and her chocolate.

We left feeling uncomfortably full, but happy.  If you haven't checked out the restaurants on the list for Triangle Restaurant week, you should.  I'm pretty sure the deals go through Sunday.
Here is a link to the restaurants and menus, etc.  
Triangle Restaurant Week Link

Bon appetit,
Amy Lizabelle

No comments:

Post a Comment