Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Me Running??! I know...

Okay, most of you that know me well would not consider me a runner.  That's probably because it is one area where I am ridiculously weak.  Well, in the spirit of exploiting my weaknesses and trying to turn them into strengths...I joined my friend Paula in training for a half marathon.  A little excessive??...probably.  But, that's how I roll.  All or nothing. 
We are officially in our 4th week of training....out of 12 weeks.  We successfully completed the longest run that I've ever done in my life (yes, ever) on Sunday.  The best part about this...Paula and I have been talking about running or working out together on the weekends for years.  This is the first time its ever happened...and it was perfection!  Luckily (this could be the wrong choice of words...not sure that either of us consider our short legged-ness a blessing...), we both have unusually short legs, so we run about the same pace.  Please do not ask me what that pace is...hahaha
This is both scary and nerve wracking because it has catapulted me out of my comfort zone.  Me running 12 plus miles per week?  Shut the front door!  I secretly panic each time I walk out the door to complete a run.  But, the feeling of accomplishment that I have when I return is unbelievable.  Take that self doubt!  Amy-1, Self Doubt-0.  Boom!

Check out Paula's take on our running experience...and her other hysterical blogs!  We're considering a 'before' and 'after' picture posting after our next run.  We may need to mark that blog for mature audiences only!!

Paula's Blog!!

Enjoy!!

Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment