Thursday, January 26, 2012

Easiest Art Project EVER!!!

Wait for it....wait for it.....TA DAAAA!!!!


Here is the unveiling of tonight's art project!!!  I pinned something similar on Pinterest, of course!  I decided not to look at the colors or design of the original and to let my creative genius take over.  And boy am I glad that I did!!  This is a sage green and white masterpiece!

Clearly I am excited about this!!!  I am just amazed at how easy it was...and how beautiful they turned out!  I am considering doing two more canvases of the same size for a total of four.  And then filling my friends' empty walls with them!!  That's called sharing the love, baby!!

Here's how easy this was/is....take however many canvases that you want...apply strips of masking tape wherever you think looks pretty....then spray paint the entire canvas.  Let it dry for an hour or so, then peel the pieces of tape off.

I urge you to try this...the canvases were ridiculously cheap and came in a pack of 2.  I was able to get the spray paint at my local Ace Hardware.  How much easier could this project get??!

Can't wait to hear your thoughts on this!!!

Painting in paradise,

Amy Lizabelle

PS - After taking a closer look at the wall space that I was aiming to fill, I realized that I needed a 3rd piece of art.  I even decided to mix it up and use a larger canvas for the 3rd one.  I did this one exactly the same as the other two.  I made sure not to look at any of them while I was taping and I really tried to make one as 'unique' as possible.  I must say, this turned out pretty darn awesome!  I just laid all 3 out and decided on the coolest way to hang them and I'm pretty pleased!! 

What do you think?  Was the 3rd one key?!!


2 comments:

  1. awesome! where did you find the canvas?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I got them at AC Moore in Durham. The pack of 2 was $6 or less and I had a coupon. (Of course I did!!) Between the spray paint, masking tape, and canvases, I think I spent maybe $10, but the spray paint will probably make a TON more pieces of ART! : ) The best part...the most time consuming part was taping the canvas! Might've taken me 2 minutes!

      Delete