Saturday, January 21, 2012

Wine & Design

We decided to celebrate Sarah's birthday by having a private Wine & Design party.  (Side note:  The Skillet Chocolate Chip Cookie Cake was present at this event!  However, it was missing a few slices!) If you haven't heard of these before, you should certainly check them out.  Gathering a group of fun friends, adding some wine, all the while watching a bunch of novices paint the same painting makes for an unexpectedly hilarious time!! 

The creative geniuses that we were, we decided to paint a picture of...what else?  WINE BOTTLES!!  Clever, I know.  But, it was appropriate for the occasion. 

Here's how the painting began....apparently, if you added more 'texture', yours would look more like an Italian wine cellar.  I ran through my mental rolodex of home decor and realized that 'Italian Wine Cellar' really wouldn't go anywhere in my house.  But, I went for it anyway.  Go big or go home.


 
I had to include a picture of myself awkwardly painting.  Everyone kept commenting on how nice I looked...however, they failed to notice that my hair and makeup were exactly the same as when we are dinner the night before.  As in, untouched.  (My little secret.)  Throw on a headband and I guess it will distract everyone!

After consuming lots of bubbly concoctions, here is what my inner artist created.  If you close one eye and step back a little, its not too shabby!  You  may not even notice the wobbly lines on the wine bottles!   (Courtesy of the champagne!)

Have you done Wine & Design?  What did you think?!!  They will probably be horrified to see that I have posted my 'masterpiece' along with their business name! haha  Its not representative of their true art!!

Can't wait to do this again!!!

Cheers,

Amy Lizabelle

1 comment: