Monday, January 23, 2012

Valentine's Day Wreath!!

We all know how much I love the gray winter wreath that I made (if you missed it, check one of my first posts).  But, with Valentine's Day around the corner, it was only appropriate for me to pay homage to the next fun holiday!!  I am blogging this slightly prematurely because I am going to find some beautiful ribbon to hang it on my door with.  I promise to post a final picture when its hanging in its rightful place.  I just couldn't help myself...and needed to share this immediately!!

I found some beautiful versions of Valentine's day wreaths on Pinterest and oddly decided on a heart-shaped one.  I am usually not a 'heart' person, but this one is just amazing!!  I'm not sure why the red felt makes the wreath look so rich, but it does.  I can't wait for my neighbors to see it!  I put my own spin on a version of the red heart felt wreath that is circulating Pinterest.  Mine actually has 3 rows of ruffles.  One inner layer, a larger one in the middle, and a smaller one around the edge.  The picture does not do it justice!  I'm just saying...!

If you think that this is as gorgeous as I do, you'll love it even more when I tell you that a kid could make it!  You probably wouldn't want them using the push pins, but otherwise, they would be completely competent to cut a million small circles to serve as your ruffles.  The circle size doesn't have to be exact.  I didn't measure anything...I just went with the flow!!  All you do is fold the circle in half, then fold it again.  You put the pin in the bottom point of where you folded it, and VOILA....a RUFFLE!!!  Do this more times than I could count...and you'll come up with something that looks like the photo above!!!

Please let me know what you think of this!!  I know that I say this all the time...but, it is one of my favorite projects!!!  

Au revoir mon cheri!!

Amy Lizabelle


PS - I promised to post a photo once the wreath was in place...and here it is!!!  Red Felt Ruffle Wreath in all its glory!!  I'm aiming to be the most tasteful 'seasonally appropriate' house on the block.  So far, I'm the front runner!!

No comments:

Post a Comment