Thursday, January 19, 2012

Wait! This thing has a phone???!

Here is my first...fling-related post....!

The lost art of the phone call.  What can I say, technology is changing everything.  The 'smarter' our handheld gadgets get, the less human interaction we crave.  Texting and emailing is so easy and efficient, that we are losing more personal means of commuication. 

Today's technology is completely altering the dating world.  It is a rarity if a guy actually 'calls' to ask you out on a date.  Call me old-fashioned, but I wouldn't even consider going out with a guy who wasn't willing to put forth the effort to call me to ask me on a date.  A text message will not suffice.  It's an ambiguous blurb from someone that you probably know nothing about.  How are you supposed to interpret it? 

Maybe whether they call or text should be used as a tool to determine whether a guy is 'the one' or not?!!  Don't you remember the nights where you stayed up until you literally fell asleep talking to a new flame??  You just couldn't learn enough about them?  Yes...that is called the honeymoon stage and sadly, it ends...but, enjoy it while it lasts!!

Ok, now I feel like I'm on a soapbox.  Alas, I'll get off of it.

Next time you want a girl to take you seriously, use that new-fangled gadget that you tote everywhere and CALL HER!!  Boom.

Until next time,

Amy Lizabelle

No comments:

Post a Comment