Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Simple. Cheap. Easy. Delicious...And it Keeps on Giving!!!


Beans and Rice.  Did I lose you?  I know...it doesn't sound overly delicious or exciting, however it was!  This recipe is a version of one that is commonly made in fabulous South American countries.  If that doesn't make it more exotic, what does?!!!

For fun, I added some jalapenos (mainly because I love them...and who doesn't need some extra spice in their life?!!).  I also used jasmine rice to make it a little fancier.  The prep time was incredibly short and it made several meals.

Just in case you were questioning the 'Yumminess Quotient' of this recipe...all three people who ate it came back for seconds.  There was plenty left over (even after 6 servings were dished) and it made a great lunch for the next day.

Side note for those of you who pay particular attention to detail...No, I do not own an Aztec bowl.  That belonged to one of the recipients of this lovely meal.  I'm just sayin....

So, without further adieu, here is the recipe:

Classic & Simple Black Beans & Rice Recipe

Here's to good eats!!

Amy Liz

No comments:

Post a Comment