Sunday, January 15, 2012

Floral Felt Wreath, Part 2

I loved my gray felt wreath so much that I re-purposed it.  I initially wanted to put it on my front door as a gorgeous winter wreath that didn't look Christmas-y.  Maybe a transitional wreath to go between my fancy Christmas one and the one that I am planning to make for Valentine's Day...  I'm pretty sure that I will eventually end up creating a wreath for any and every occasion.

Last Sunday, I noticed that the perfectly matching clock in my living room was off by an hour.  I was so proud of how easily I changed the time & re-hung it...because I recalled having trouble hanging it before.  Well, that pride lasted only seconds before it came crashing to the ground breaking into pieces. 

Luckily my new wreath was coming along quite nicely...  Once I finished it, I decided to hang it on the wall (in place of the clock) just for photo purposes.  It was such a perfect fit for my living room, that I decided that it would remain there.  Thus created a different problem.  It was beautiful, but there was just TOO much wall space under it. 

I remedied this by taking an old frame and completely changing it.  And by old, I mean a hideous (sorry Mom) frame that I found in my mom's garage.  I don't feel terrible by saying that, considering it was a gift... : )  Another wreath (even in the reverse colors) seemed too matchy matchy and I just wasn't happy with that idea.  So, I wanted another shape.  I was ridiculously proud of the fact that I didn't get this idea from Pinterest...I came up with it all by my lonesome!  I decided to make this frame with more winter white rosettes and just a few gray accents.  

Let me know what you think about this idea...I am pretty stoked that it only involved felt, an old frame, and hot glue.  Now, I won't scare you by telling you how many of the mini glue sticks that I plowed through!!!

I am dying to hear what you think of this idea.  It was cheap and has given me lots of joy, as I mourn the loss of the most perfect of perfectly matching clocks that once resided on this wall....

Believe it or not, I'll be blogging again tomorrow about another craft that I'm excited to share!!!  Its both beautiful and useful!!  Gotta love that combo!!

Until then, sayonara sisters!!

Amy Liz

No comments:

Post a Comment